Lincoln Town Car:

replacing a heater core

You are not logged in.

Welcome!
GUARANTEED Response to Your Question from an ASE Certified Master Technician. FREE, just Register and Post...

#1 5/23/2010 1:43 PM

beach_bill

replacing a heater core

I need to replace the heater core in my 1989 lincoln town car, the question is, how do I move the dashboard back to gain access to the heater core ?

Lincoln Town Car Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com
Car and Truck Service Information
ALLDATAdiy

#2 5/24/2010 7:55 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: replacing a heater core

The removal of the heater core on this car is not an easy job. It is for a skilled mechanic and the book time for this job is 6.7 hours. It you need exact instructions for this job with pictures you can get the procedure from ALLDATAdiy.com.

The procedure list is to long to list and I am sure you would want to see the pictures. 

There is also a service bulletin on this area explaining how the heater core hoses can leak at the clamps and leaking inside the car giving the indication of a faulty heater core. Check the hoses and clamps first before trying to remove the heater core. Heater cores may be misdiagnosed and replaced unnecessarily. An inadequate seal between the heater core tubes can allow coolant to follow the tube to the heater core and appear as a leak.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Lincoln Town Car Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com