Toyota Tercel:

PROBLEMS =( OIL LIGHT, BRAKES??, BURN TO MUCH GAS

You are not logged in.

Welcome!
GUARANTEED Response to Your Question from an ASE Certified Master Technician. FREE, just Register and Post...

#1 4/26/2010 7:59 PM

CANDY26

PROBLEMS =( OIL LIGHT, BRAKES??, BURN TO MUCH GAS

I own a 1993 4 door Toyota Tercel it is has a 1.5 liter motor. I recently have had almost everything replaced on it by my local mechanic. The motor has been completely rebuilt all new seals, gaskets, new water pump, radiator, etc. I mean everything is new with the exception of the transmission, c-v axles, and a very FEW odds and ends. However IT'S STILL NOT RIGHT LOL.. I have spent so much money on this car but it's not right sad. For starters my oil light comes on when I stop.... it blinks "when I stop" when I first get in it, but its stays on "when I stop" when it's been hot. I have checked the oil its full...Second question my breaks are not stopping quickly. I had new brake pads, fluid, etc put on but it's still not stopping like it should. What else could be wrong??. Third and final question for this email; My car use to get 30 plus miles to the gallon, now I'm going further in my truck that gets 15 to a gallon. I don't understand why. I have new injectors. I've put additive from Murphy USA gas station and premium gas, but it didn't help.. Why is it burning gas so bad? Sorry so many questions this girl is just aggravated with it...hope you can help thanks

Toyota Tercel Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com
Car and Truck Service Information
ALLDATAdiy

#2 4/26/2010 11:59 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: PROBLEMS =( OIL LIGHT, BRAKES??, BURN TO MUCH GAS

Maybe you should try a new mechanic.

If all of those parts were replaced it could be as simple as the ignition timing being set too retarded; meaning not advanced enough or set to specification. This could be related to the brake problem, flickering oil light and poor fuel mileage.

Retarded timing will cause low engine vacuum. The power brake booster relies on good vacuum from the engine. Low vacuum will make the brake pedal feel hard, so you'll need to apply more pressure to stop. Incorrect ignition timing can also cause poor fuel economy, and a low idle speed can cause the oil light to flicker.

A qualified technician go over all the adjustments, perform the proper tests, and also scan the computer to make sure everything is OK.

Let us know how you make out.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Toyota Tercel Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com