Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme:

turn signals/94 oldsmobile cutlass supreme

You are not logged in.

Welcome!
GUARANTEED Response to Your Question from an ASE Certified Master Technician. FREE, just Register and Post...

#1 3/1/2010 9:32 PM

jim dandy

turn signals/94 oldsmobile cutlass supreme

i just bought a '94 Cutlass Supreme. the turn signals quit working. even the indicators on the dashboard don't work. i replaced the fuse and flasher and they still don't work. can you guys give me some advise on what i should do next. thanks, jim dandy.

Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com
Car and Truck Service Information
ALLDATAdiy

#2 3/1/2010 10:53 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: turn signals/94 oldsmobile cutlass supreme

You changed the fuse and flasher, but did they have current to them? The best way to check is with a 12 volt test light.

Turn the ignition switch on, ground the clip to any metal part of the the car, and stick the pointy end of the test light into both sides of the turn signal fuse. If it lights at both, there's power and the fuse is good. If it only lights at one, there's power but the fuse is burnt. If neither lights up the test light, there's no power at all feeding the fuse.

Once confirming you have power and a good fuse, check the pink wire at the flasher and see if the test light lights up. Then check the other side of the flasher with the purple wire that leads to the turn signal switch.

If you have current at both sides of the fuse and both sides of the flasher, and it still doesn't work, then it's possible the turn signal switch needs to be replaced. But it should first be confirmed with further testing, and replacing the switch requires special tools and should be done by a technician.

Last edited by TechHelp2 (3/1/2010 10:59 PM)

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com